Monday, November 28, 2016

Infographs

At the end of each school year I create an easy to view Key Note recapping the year in the LLC.
Included are pictures, summaries of activities and lessons and statistics. It is time consuming and rewarding! I always feel a sense of aw at how much went on in the library during past year!
I also convert the presentation to the easy to read PDF format. Then I send copies off to administrators and any interested parties.  My goal is to be ready. Ready to share what we do. Ready to justify expenditures. Ready to show how we are meeting our standards. 

In attempting to make an accessible document, I realize I have been trying to create a series of Infographs! In addition to collecting the information, it is the creation that takes so much time. So I was thrilled to discover easy to use Infograph creators such as easel.ly.

Now the hard part really is collecting the data and images. Creating the pages is easy. Actually, I found easel.ly the simplest of all of the new tech tools I have used this semester.






My Step by Step:  1.  outline what the info you want on your info graph
                              2.  gather your statistics 
                              3.  gather your images
                              4.  select a template
                              5.  drop in your information
                              6.  save periodically while creating!
                                 7.  DO NOT stress about the appearance. easel.ly cannot not look good!

Students will enjoy using easel.ly and should find it fairly simple to manipulate. Perhaps the greatest difficult for them will be in planning -- deciding exactly what to include. Planning is a huge part of the success with easel.ly.

This You Tube video was very helpful and only had to be viewed once!






1 comment:

  1. This is a great use of infographics that I'll share with my librarian! Thanks for including the resource video as well.

    ReplyDelete